Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Begged for Fans

Ask any marketing professional and they'll tell you a presence in the social networking scene, especially Facebook and Twitter, is a must for almost any company, organization or even individual.

After a little bit of what some might consider begging, I acquired the necessary minimum of 100 fans to create a username for my Silly & Sweet Baby Boutique fan page: www.facebook.com/sillyandsweet (thanks, friends!!). I'll admit, I am just a little bit obsessed with watching my collection of fans grow; I check it multiple times a day to see if anyone new has become a fan. Silly, I know. Hopefully my fan fascination will subside soon. My shameless begging has paid off though, in less than two weeks I have 140 fans for my new baby boutique - many of whom I don't even know.

The viral effect of social networking is evident. I've gained customers, mailing list sign ups, as well as new wholesalers who have great baby and toddler lines that I'll be adding to the Silly & Sweet Baby Boutique catalog soon. So if you are a fan, thank you! If you're not, please Become a Fan and help me spread the news about Silly & Sweet Baby Boutique!

No comments:

Post a Comment