Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's A New Kind of Blog!

Until just recently, I had been keeping Silly & Sweet Baby Boutique a bit of a secret from everyone, including friends and family. I wanted to make sure the site was functional and plump with product before I started to spread the word. I didn't want people to visit an incomplete site with a meager inventory of baby and toddler items and ruin my one and only chance at a good FIRST impression, even with my friends and family.

Last night, just before a friend and I met up for drinks, she received an email from me introducing Silly and Sweet Baby Boutique. Although she was surprised I had kept it so quiet, she was really very excited for me. Her excitement was contagious; we ended up talking about my new baby boutique for hours and she gave me some really great, honest feedback.

Although the majority of her feedback was positive, she did have a constructive comment about my Silly & Sweet Baby Boutique blog. BOR-ING! She said it looked like just another page of baby products, and although that type of content is good for SEO (search engine optimization, a.k.a. how Google finds you), it doesn't really appeal to my visitors enough for them to come back to.

So, this my first official personal blog entry. At her suggestion, I'm going to start blogging more about personal experiences so people can relate to me. She said people would rather read about or see a picture of our trip to Sea World's Aquatica, than just a blog full of product - and I think she's right! She gave me much more great feedback and advice, but right now, right here, I'm just going to focus on the blog. So, stay tuned for a new kind of blog with only a shameless plug here and there (like, click here to view the adorable baby and toddler bandanna dress that my friend loved!). ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment